Episode 2×11 : Battlefield
Boyd and Erica decide to leave Beacon Hills in search of a new pack. They think they heard wolf howls in the preserve but it turned out to be Hunters. They’re chased through the woods and shot mercilessly with arrows by Allison.
Peter returns and offers Derek some advice on the power of human love. He also claims he knows of a way to save Jackson – through Lydia.
It’s the lacrosse championship game and Stiles gets to play with the team. His dad is proud, everyone is proud and he scores a goal or two. Gerard threatens Scott with the idea of Jackson killing someone he loves if he doesn’t offer him Derek’s whereabouts by the end of the game. Isaac turns up at the game determined to win and helps Scott try to take Gerard down. It doesn’t go down so well. Scott returns to the field where the team has just won. The lights go out and when they’re turned back on, Jackson is on the field with no pulse and Stiles is missing. His dad is going out of his mind.
Full recap found here!
- There’s a myth that you can cure a werewolf simply by calling out their Christian name
- Beacon Hills has an International airport according to the map Chris has
- Boyd, Erica and Isaac ran away from home
- Ms. Morrell has a really good memory
- Boyd and Erica have to get back to Derek by sun up – back from where?
- Derek has items saved from the fire – books. One with a symbol on it
- Beau Gest effect modulate their tone with a rapid shift in tone
- Werewolves can smell which animals are dying and which ones are healthy
- Danny gets through to Jackson after calling his name
- Independence day is Finstock’s favourite movie
- Gerard used a chess analogy – being prepared to sacrifice a few pawns
- 10 – 9 to BH
- One day Derek’s anchor will change
- How did Gerard’s bond with the Kanima get so strong that he went after innocent people?
- Will we see the ability to take away pain on a human?
- Why was everyone running like crazy people when the lights went out?
- “You know when you’re drowning, you don’t actually inhale until right before you black out. It’s called voluntary apnoea. It’s like no matter how much you’re freaking out, the instinct to not let any water in is so strong that you won’t actually open your mouth until you feel like your head’s exploding – and when you finally do let it in that’s when it stops hurting. It’s not scary any more, it’s actually kinda peaceful.”
- “What if it’s agony now and it’s just hell later on.” — “If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
- “Since I just turned 16 a month ago I wouldn’t mind getting my licence. I can’t do that if I’m dead, you know.”
- “No, no you’re running, and once you start you don’t stop. You”ll always be running.”
- “It’s quite a situation you’ve got yourself in here, Derek. I mean I’m out of commission for a few weeks and suddenly there’s lizards people, geriatric psychopaths, and you’re cooking up werewolves out of every self-esteem deprived adolescent in town.”
- “Because I trust you.”
- “I guess that makes me lucky, ’cause I don’t have anyone.”
- “Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will be joining others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. Mankind, that word should have new meaning for all of us today… Were fighting for our right to live… but as the day the world declared in one voice: we will not go quietly into the night. Today we celebrate our independence day.”
- “Hit me, hit me, I can see that its cathartic for you. Letting go of all the anger, self loathing and hatred that comes with total and complete failure.”
- “Scott, the other night seeing my dad get hit over the head by Matt while I’m lying there and I can’t even move. It just – I wanna help, you know, but I can’t do the things you can do. I can’t… We’re losing dude.”
- “Unless you’d rather play with yourself.” — “I already did that today. Twice.”
- “MY SON IS ON THE FIELD!”
- “Sometimes when you need help, you turn to people you never expect.”
- “You came to help.” — “I came to win.”
- “Something’s happening, isn’t it. Something more than the lacrosse game… Oh, I’m not going anywhere. And everything I said before, forget it all of it, okay. If you can do something to help then do it. You have to.”
- Gerard: “This would be so much more if it were half-time.”
- “Your best ally has always been anger, Derek, but what you lack most is heart. That’s why you’ve always known that you need Scott more than anyone. And even somebody as burned and dead on the inside as me knows better than to underestimate the simple yet undeniable power of human love.”
- “Where’s Stiles. Where’s my son? Where’s Stiles?! WHERE THE HELL IS MY SON!?
- Isaac healing the dog
- Derek throwing the glass at Peter
- Derek throws Peter across the room
- Isaac tells Isaac he trusts Scott
- Isaac returns to the lacrosse game to help Scott
- Stiles scores his first goal and then wins
- The Sheriff calling out for Stiles
Favourite Music (Full music list here)
- Music playing during Stiles’ counselling