Episode 3×01 : Tattoo
Isaac is saved from the alpha pack by a mysterious girl but his memories have been stolen.
Scott gets a tattoo, it heals over (as expected) but after going to Derek for advice, he uses a blowtorch to bring the ink to the surface.
Weird things surrounding animals are going on in Beacon Hills; a crazed deer, Prada scratching Lydia, a murder of crows slamming into windows, and cats killing themselves. Something’s coming, something bad.
Scott gets into a fight with an alpha who was trying to kidnap Isaac (again) – Derek arrives, mentions that he’s also an alpha and throws him out of the elevator.
The girl is supposedly killed by Deucalion but not before she reveals that Deucalion is scared of Scott – of what he will become – an alpha.
Full Recap | Podcast
- Claws to share or steal memories
- Tattooing goes back thousands of years – the Tahitian word Tatou means to leave a mark – it’s a rite of passage
- In Samoan, tattoo it means “Open Wound”
- Claws in the back seems to paralyse the werewolf momentarily
- The twins move in sync
- Blue sparks stitches the twins together
- Number 24 in the warehouse – I thought we were over that number
- Twins mysteriously vanish after being forced apart…
- There’s also a tiger and a lion in the tattoo stencils Stiles shows Scott
- Stiles has a fear of needles
- Allison was in France for 4 months
- The deer was scared – terrified
- The Girl calls Scott the Alpha
- Books Scott has been reading: Call of the Wild – Jack London, Great Expectations – Charles Dickens, A Farewell to Arms, The Longest Journey – E.M. Forster, The Sea Wolf – Jack London, Soldiers’ Pay – Faulkner, White Fang – Jack London, Absalom, Absalom! William Faulkner, For Whom the Bell Tolls – Ernest Hemmingway, The Snows of Kilimanjaro – Ernest Hemmingway, Oliver Twist – Charles Dickens – Basically Scott’s been reading a lot
- Word of the day: Ephemeral
- The Argents are out of the hunting business
- There’s 32 on Scott’s green bike
- Boyd’s – January 26, 1996, 6’3″ 165 pounds Erica Reyes August 16th 1996, 5’4″ 105 pounds
- “The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds and the tranquil waterway leading to the uttermost ends of the earth flows sombre under an overcast sky seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness.”
- Jennifer’s number: 555-3476
- After Scott leads Deucalion wherever he’s going, Scott’s head drops and it’s very weird
- The wound from the Alpha didn’t heal on the inside – Derek uses purple flowers
- Cats committed suicide :(
- Scott believes he wanted the tattoo as a reward for giving Allison space
- Derek has heard the leader of the Alpha Pack is Deucalion
- Stiles has been helping Derek for the past 4 months
- Boyd’s hand is shaking
- Weird mist
- Alpha twins separated at birth
- Alpha Pack from the future
- Gerard’s sword is excalibur
- Something in the water
- “We’re almost there.” Where was MG going to take Isaac?
- Why did it hurt when the tattoo healed?
- What did Allison do all those months in France?
- Why was the deer terrified?
- What caused Deucalion’s blindness or was he born this way?
- How did Derek know Deucalion’s name? Did Peter tell him or have they met before?
- What did Derek mean that the wound didn’t heal on the inside?
- How did Derek see beneath Scott’s skin?
- How did they know the Alpha Pack had Erica and Boyd?
- Who told Deucalion about getting someone else to eliminate a threat for you?
- Tattoo Artist: “Boy, it’s a good thing you drew me a picture.”
- Stiles (after Scott’s tattoo heals): “Oh, thank God, I hated it. Sorry.”
- “I’m not gonna beg you.” –“Okay, good, I’m impervious to your influence anyway.” — “Would you consider a bribe?” — “Couldn’t meet my price.” — “Extortion?” — “Got nothing on me.”
- Principle: “And whatever happened in the library while I was gone, I want it cleared up.” — “and what the hell is this.”
- Lydia: “I don’t want a boyfriend. I want a distraction.”
- “Have you tried calling Derek?” — “Like 5 times. Do you have any other emergency werewolf contacts?” — “Yeah, call Scott”.
- “Prada bit me.” — “Your dog?” –“No, my designer handbag.” — “Yes, my dog.”
- Lydia: “What’s that thing you say about threes – once, twice…” *thud*
- Scott: “I’m gonna be better this year, a better student, a better son, a better friend, a better everything.”
- Ennis: “I’m an Alpha.” — Derek: “So am I.”
- Derek: “Aren’t you supposed to be in school?”
- Stiles: “Studying for the PSATS? Nice.”
- Scott: “You painted the door. Why did you pain the door?”
- Deucalion: “Someone once taught me a very smart way to eliminate a threat – get someone else to do it for you.”
- Stiles stops besides Lydia’s car and awkwardness ensues
- Stiles’ dad drags Stiles away from his laptop
- Deucalion enters the lift
- Scott/Ennis fight in lift – Isaac rolls around
- Derek’s entrance in the lift – “So am I”
- Derek’s eyes turning red as he looks at Scott’s tattoo
- Stiles winks at Derek and Derek touches Stiles’ chest and brings him close
Favourite Music (Full list here)
- Rudimental ft. John Newman & Alex Clare – Not Giving In : Tattoo parlor
- The Calm Blue Sea – Disaspora : Scott tells Derek about what the tattoo means to him
- Derek tells them about the Alpha Pack & fight in the locker room